I will post about it before New Years! But not this year. Anyways...the Ds had a great Christmas. As parents Rog and I are slowly perfecting the routine- you know, the "big facade" that I won't go into detail on in case my kids read this post. I'm very proud that I had all my baking done with days to spare. I planned my time much better this December so all I had to do on Christmas Eve was wrap a handful of last minute gifts that Roger purchased and make cinnamon rolls for Christmas Day breakfast. Most of Christmas Eve was just plain family time that we really enjoyed because Roger doesn't usually have this day off. Compare this to a year ago: I left ALL of the wrapping until Christmas Eve night and succumbed to the stomach virus around 9 pm, leaving Roger to do it all. I learned my lesson! However, this year I was slowed down by a bad sinus infection complete with cracked ribs. Some things didn't get done but I just had to let go.
Christmas Day was ideal. Mom, Dad, and Tom came over in the morning and watched the kids come down the stairs and see that Santa had come. We read his letter and then had breakfast. Around 8:30 or so, the kids opened gifts and after that the grandparents left. We all enjoyed our new things until a little before 2, when we left for Mom and Dad's. We picked up Nana Tucci and had a relaxing visit with my side of the family. Everyone got really thoughtful gifts this year and Dad made my favorite, roast beef and yorkshire pudding. *drool* I love my nook too!
Every year on Dec 26, my Grandparents' wedding anniversary, we go to Pennsylvania and exchange gifts with my Dad's side. Last year I was still too sick and this year the forecasters just could not nail down where the snow was going to accumulate so we just did not want to risk it. The kids and I were incredibly bummed because we really love seeing everyone, especially my cousins who only make it across the country once or twice a year. Plus, nothing says the holidays to me like Hershey and Lebanon in December. We have to make it next year!
Nat and Ant had a nice week off. It went quick, but we had fun. I refused to spend much money so we took advantage of the mild weather and went outside. We also visited family and friends and had more family Christmas celebrations with Roger's parents and siblings. We really could not have asked for a better holiday season!

No comments:
Post a Comment