Monday, August 1, 2011

Rock Birthday Party

Anthony is a little music lover and so he chose a rock party for his 6th birthday. Here's some photos!The invitation- it's an Ipod :)
We blocked off the driveway with cones and balloons, laid a red carpet down (wrapping paper), and greeted our guests with tattoos and backstage passes. I also asked them all to sign Ant's yearbook because he just got it in July! (The printer messed up the school's order).
Some of the spread- credit to Snickerdoodle's for the amazing sugar cookies. The cake was made with love by me.
Pop rocks, gummi bear jello, white trash, and rock candy. What more could a six-year-old ask for?

The blue and green was a happy accident- we'd chosen those colors for his invitation and a few weeks before the party I remembered Peggy had given me all of those party dishes, so we ran with the it!

Aside from disco balls and streamers we hung CDs from the ceiling. Anthony and I had fun coming up with his cute playlist for the party. Here's a sampling:

Aerosmith- Sweet Emotion
Blind Melon- No Rain
Everclear- Brown Eyed Girl
Gin Blossoms- Memphis Time
Jonas- Play My Music
Collective Soul- Shine
Good Charlotte- I Don't Want To Be In Love
Justin Bieber- Love Me
Muse- Undisclosed Desires
Naked Brothers Band- Banana Smoothie

The rest was pretty much Joe Bro, NB, and the Bieb, not really what'd I'd call ROCK, but he's 6 and that's where his taste in music is right now. At one point even I liked Amy Grant and Boys II Men. We can only handle so much pop though so Ant hears plenty of our music and he likes it. He made sure that he approved of every song on the list. I'm not sure it was a good idea to show him how to work Itunes- I already have one kid who messes with my playlists!
The trampoline- always a hit!We had Michael Jackson The Experience going downstairs, Guitar Hero and the party playlist going on in the upstairs family room, and Never Say Never on in the living room. Happy Birthday Anthony! WE LOVE YOU!!! Thanks Amanda for your all your help and Mom for the food you brought!

No comments:

Post a Comment