Friday, June 11, 2010

School's Out!


Dear Mrs. S,
You Rock! Thanks for a great year.
Love, Natalie

Well, that pretty much sums it up! Natalie just had her last day of school yesterday and Ant's was on Tuesday. I'd say that despite ongoing harassment issues Natalie had a wonderful first year at Spring Garden and she is looking forward to third grade. Wow, 3rd grade o_0 ! Second grade went by so quick and Natalie learned so much, from multiplication to the evaporation condensation cycle. She made friends with lots of really nice kids too. Natalie had an easy last week with movie watching, yearbook signing, and a competition called "Sink or Float" in which each student built a boat that had to hold marbles. Fun!

Anthony's last week was jam packed with his super cute graduation ceremony, water day, and his unbirthday celebration. He got to wear a crown and lead the line to celebrate his summer birthday. On water day the Pre-k took all of the toys outside and washed them in water tables and then watered the plants with the water. For Ant's Pre-k graduation they all sang some songs and did some fingerplays, then we had an ice cream social. I can't believe my little guy is headed to kindergarten. I know he's ready, but I'm sure not! *sob*

Since we've spent the past two summers in transition I am determined to give the kids the best summer ever. For their first day of vacation we went strawberry picking with the Clausers to Swamp Fox Farm and then we went for an innaugral dip in the pool. Still a little cold in early June! We're all tired but we had so much fun and I have 13 pounds of strawberries down in the freezer. Tomorrow, more pool and maybe we'll make some jam. It's going to be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment