Friday, December 18, 2009

My Pretty Amazing Roger


This post is a little late because, well, it's been a busy week with all of these beautiful babies coming, but I just needed to take a minute to AW my dear husband. We've known we've needed a new dishwasher since we moved in but I've been reluctant because that's the last thing I want to spend $400 on. So I've been basically washing the dishes by hand and rinsing them in the dishwasher. There has been a tasty soapy residue on them.

We researched and picked a Whirpool, but I was still gun shy so we left Lowes empty handed on Sunday. Well, on Tuesday night I left around 4 to go down to Shady Grove with Dad and figured Rog and the kids would take it pretty easy while I was gone.

They did just the opposite! They left around 6 PM to go to Lowes in Westminster to pick up our dishwasher. When they got there, of course it was out of stock. Did Rog give up? No, he had the guy find one in Hunt Valley and piled the kids back into the pickup truck to go all the way there at 6:30 on a school night. When he got there he convinced the appliance guy to give him 10% off when the sale was still 2 days off.

I walked in the door at 10 and he comes to greet me with a big smile. I was so shocked he wasn't asleep and even more surprised to see a big box. He had already installed the dishwasher and was running it! He really got me.

We try to surprise each other every year and rarely succeed. A few days before this he had gone Christmas shopping with Anthony only to have him blurt out at dinner that not only had Daddy gotten me Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince but also a Wii Fit!

Kudos to Rog for surprising me, even if it wasn't on the actual Christmas day...

No comments:

Post a Comment