Monday, December 7, 2009

First Snow




Roger and I decided we wanted some time sans children Saturday to celebrate our anniversary. Both my parents and Peggy pitched in so we had 27 hours to ourselves! Ahhh. So I heard the forecast on WBAL on Friday and they said maybe 1 inch of snow. I didn't pack the kids anything and Roger and I just wore sneakers as well. It was cold and a little snowy when I dropped them off at 9. It never stopped accumulating until after dark! Poor things got so soaked whenever they went outside. Roger and I were soaked to midcalf as well as we shopped in Columbia. It was 3+ inches of slush down there. One benefit was the crowds were definitely not as bad for the first Saturday in December, so we were pretty productive with our Christmas shopping. When I could no longer move my toes we headed over to LL Bean and got new boots. I have not unpacked any boots since we moved, and I wonder if I had a moment of stupidity and got rid of them when we were in SC, thinking we'll never use them. I almost did that with Rog's coveralls! Good thing we decided to hang on to them a bit. I bought Nat some as well but Anthony is still in the Walmart boot stage so he is wearing his beloved rain boots for now.

On Sunday Peggy brought the kids back and we zoomed off to a tea party to catch up with some old daycare buddies. Anthony was the only boy, and he thrives in this type of situation. Lady's Man! The tea party was also a Cookie Lee show and he actually participated in the fashion show modeling the jewelry. He's so goofy. He didn't want to take it off either. I don't think I told Rog about this...

When we got home the snow was kind of gross and old but we had promised the kids so outside we went for a freezing cold snow ball fight. Rog and I chickened out and had the kids just try to get Riley. He's a good sport!

It was a wonderful weekend and a nice break from the kids. Happy Anniversary to my man!

No comments:

Post a Comment