Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beach Babies






We just got back from the Outer Banks and we had a great time! We stayed in a cute oceanside cape cod called Good Vibrations in Avon with my parents and my sister's family. Hatteras Island is definitely mine and Roger's favorite place on earth. We did absolutely nothing except go to the beach and hang out at the house. It is so rejuvenating. Natalie and Anthony had a super time playing with their adorable little cousin Tori and they also loved having Nana, Poppy, Aunt Carrie, and Uncle Billy around all the time. We built a lot of sandcastles and Roger spent tons of time in the water. Anthony was a total chicken this time and did not get in until Thursday, and on top of this he wailed whenever Rog and I were both in together. It's hard to believe he's the same kid who crawled into the surf at 11 months! Once he finally relaxed, he loved the ocean. Natalie was braver, but still a little relunctant. High tide kept coming at lunch time, which was when she inevitably worked up her nerve to go in every day. She was really squemish about the whole thing. Rog and I finally told her that we could not guarantee that she would not get tumbled, but if she did she would be okay. I told her that getting tumbled as a kid is part of learning how to be a really good ocean swimmer. So she ended up tumbling a few times this week, and Rog and I cheered her wipe-outs on like a bunch of surfer dudes :) Tori pretty much stuck to her baby pool, which she constantly poured sand into. All 3 kids collected a bunch of shells too. Oh, and the hot tub was a HUGE hit for the three of them as well. It was a funny hot tub for us grown ups though- instead of on the side, the jets were positioned on the seats and you couldn't close them, so you had to be careful where you sat! I called it a european hot tub :) I think everyone had a fabulous week, so thanks, Mom & Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment