

Well, after a year of planning, Michelle's wedding went wonderfully. The Shores know how to throw a party! Everything was beautiful, from the mansion to the bridal party to the centerpieces to the cake. Aunt Jody actually kept the wedding cake at our house on our counter! We put Riley in the basement when we weren't home in case he was tempted to have a lick. It looked great, monogram, ribbon, and all, and we were glad to provide a safe place for it to stay. The actual wedding day happened so fast, it is kind of a blur. We got our mani/pedis in the morning and our hair in the afternoon. I got french nails and toes. Natalie got her first manicure and she got lime green polish with little flowers. (Michelle okayed it!) Her hair was way cute- long spiral curls (Christie commented that she looked like those little girls in toddlers and tieras.) Anthony got his hair spiked with commercial strength gel that was still standing until his bath on Sunday. I got my old standby, a french twist- it wasn't my favorite twist ever b/c it went to a strange point at the top, but it looked alright. Then we headed to Grey Rock Mansion and got dressed in the bridal suite. We had to figure out Michelle's bustle and what not. Anthony's pants would not stay up without the suspenders, it was hilarious how they kept falling down... Before we knew it it was time for pictures. I can't wait to see them. It was nice and cool in the bridal suite but then we went outside. It's really embarressing but those dresses were as hot as a tent and my spanx were asphyxiating me and Anthony was fussy and I was holding him, and before I knew it I was on the ground. I had even had a double cheeseburger for lunch for protein! It was horrible, but I felt better in minutes. Natalie thought I was dead and it freaked her out. At least it didn't happen during the ceremony, I felt bad enough about disrupting the photo taking...
The rest of the wedding went perfectly. The ceremony was beautiful and Michelle looked like a princess. Everyone thought I was passing out again at one point but I was just getting a spider off her dress. Before we knew it we were being introduced in the dining room and I was giving my toast. I tried to make it funny, but I was really nervous. Everyone says it was good though. I talked about growing up with Michelle and what dorks we were! The rest of the night went by superfast. The food was delicioius and the dancing was beautiful. I barely got a chance to say hi to the group of "kids" from Ascension we grew up with, but hopefully I'll catch up with them at Mike's wedding in October. I haven't seen most of them in a while. After what seemed like 20 minutes it was already time to get Michelle into her "going away" outfit, and just like that it was over. Michelle and Kenn are in Jamaica. The kids were super tired and just crashed on the way home. The next morning we made a quick trip to Aunt Caren and Uncle David's beach house for the rest of the weekend and we had a great time. It went by fast but it is always great to breathe in that salty air! We got fresh crabs too. Rog helped Uncle David with his boat lift and then we headed home on Sunday. Now we're home and it's time to recover and UNPACK!


No comments:
Post a Comment