Hi Everyone! Finally a moment to blog! We've been so busy with playdate after playdate and about a gazillion fall activities. We've met several families with children the same age as Natalie and Anthony and we're enjoying getting to know them. We still haven't had settlement on our lots yet and we're getting sort of impatient in this teeny apartment, but I'm trying to be positive and enjoy the fact that it is easy to clean! I really miss having a dishwasher though and not being able to access most of our stuff.
Roger is trying hard to be ready for when we are finally able to start building. He's doing a great job helping Nat with her crazy homework- last week the 3 of us made an African village complete w/ hut (oatmeal container), campfire, field, trees, and cattle and people made of clay. Don't know quite why they assign such elaborate projects to kids too young to handle a glue gun. Roger and I alternate reading with Nat every night- right now she is reading a 118 page chapter book. Oy vey!
Natalie started art lessons yesterday and she's really excited about having a new creative outlet. She's made quite a few friends between school and playdates, and a few enemies. Let me explain. She's a raving Barrack Obama supporter (honestly, I didn't influence her). Last Tuesday her school had a mock election and only one kid in her class voted for McCain, but he did win the schoolwide count. Natalie was incredibly upset b/c she thought that that was the election. I explained voting age and how we will vote. Later after school we had a playdate at Rectory Square with a bunch of school friends. Nat came up to me and told me that some 5th grade boys said Barrack Obama was stinky. I told her to play on the jungle gym instead of the swings. Well, before we new it, the playground erupted into an Obama/McCain skirmish! 5 year olds shouting either Obama or McCain, 4 year olds chanting Barrack! (you have to admit, it is fun to say) Friendships were challenged! I finally had to tell the 5th grade boys to back off so Nat could swing (If 10 year 0ld boys say Barrack Obama is stinky, one can only imagine what their fathers are shouting at their tvs nightly). Us moms just found it funny and thought we should tell the school what turmoil their mock election caused on the playground. Nat learned an important lesson about ocassionally holding back certain declarations when she lives in a red area, which has always been an all-too-real reality for me. Still, she is proud of her opinion and likes to declare, "My Mama's for Obama!"
Anthony is staying neutral on politics this election. He occassionally dons a tee that encourages everyone to vote for his better tomorrow, but he remains candid about whom he supports. He is more interested in earning his potty training stickers and playing with his first friend, Teige. The two of them play remarkably well together for 3 year olds. Anthony also has a crush. (Don't worry Madison, you're still number 1!) Last week I asked him if he played with anyone besides Teige at school and he replied, "Yeeeessss....I played with Cadance because she's pretty." When I walked him into school last Thursday he went up and stood beside her and stared as soon as we took his coat off! The jury is out on whether or not we approve, but her mom seems nice... I'm sorry if I gross anyone out, but I'm amazed at how all of the sudden he is using the potty without me even saying anything. I can't get over it. And perhaps most amazingly, he is standing to pee! There's been a few mishaps (this morning he got the cat a bit), but mostly he has an impressive aim. Is this normal?
So that's what's going on in the Davenport household, how about your's? Have a safe, Happy Halloween and don't forget to vote, no matter whom you are voting for. And if you haven't seen Colin's Powell's explaination on Meet the Press as to why he is supporting Senator Obama, check it out. I sums up my sentiments exactly!

No comments:
Post a Comment