Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mommy enemy #1


By Kate Davenport on Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:18:23 GMT


With Natalie, we held our breathe going into the 2s after repeatedly hearing how horrible it was. We cruised through them, breathing a sigh of relief, only to experience a heck of a year when she turned 3. Terrible 2s just sounds catchier than terrible 3s, and that's why it caught on. Knowing that history, I'm not surprised that Anthony has been incredibly difficult lately, but that doesn't make dealing with it any easier. The whining starts at 6 am because he does not like what I'm serving for breakfast. Then he takes forever getting dressed because he wants "to do it by himself" and he has no idea what hurrying or timing is. In the car something always upsets him, and on our walk after we drop Nat off he either runs so far ahead I can't see him or he lags behind me, refusing to ride in the stroller. The whole day he is acutely aware of everything that is supposed to happen and if it does not go the way he expects it, he has a fit and cannot be reasoned with. At least Natalie stayed in time out when she was placed there! UGHHHH!
But then he gives me a kiss if I get a boo-boo or if I look at him and pucker my lips. He gets so excited about the littlest thing. He falls asleep on us in a matter of seconds. Our frustration with him is always short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment