So I've been dreading this day for a while. When Natalie went to kindergarten it was different. I was working and was busy with a two year old. I also had an extra year with her because she has a late birthday. But my sweet boy has only just turned 5 in August. He still seems like a preschooler to me. Maybe I baby him too much and that's why. But no matter how Roger and I feel about it, Anthony's Pre-k teacher insists that he is more than ready for kindergarten.
So yesterday morning, both of my babies woke up, got dressed, ate the yummy breakfast I made them, brushed their teeth, and took their special first-day lunches and their backpacks and walked with me to school. Holding hands, they walked through the front doors and into the lobby. Rog had recommended that I wear sunglasses and it was a good thing!
I returned home to a very quiet house. No Playhouse Disney, no video games, no little voices, no friends at the door. Just a snoring dog :( I know school is a good thing but it's still a little lonely. I am keeping very busy with lots of projects and jobs around the house. I went out to lunch with a girlfriend and I treated myself to a haircut. I'll be fine, it's just a big adjustment!

As far as the kids' first day, it could not have gone better. Natalie is in classes with all her friends. She likes both of her teachers and her new schedule. In third grade they only have one special a day and they have less PE than before. Natalie is most excited about learning more multiplication and doing some chemistry experiments this year.

Anthony got great teachers. They are excellent and I'm sure he'll have a wonderful kindergarten experience. I met his teachers last year working in the production room. If there are no work orders in the production room, we are supposed to ask kindergarten if they need anything done, and they always do! We clicked immediately and I could tell they were just genuinely nice people and high quality educators. But from what I've heard of the kindergarten staff, you can't go wrong with any of them. I'm really excited about volunteering in his class and in Nat's too. Anthony's teacher actually called me later in the morning to tell me that everything was fine. She said he was raising his hand and participating.
At the end of the day both kids gave me a big smile and hug. As we walked home from school Anthony told me all about his special day. He really enjoyed himself. Natalie told me that she would wait to tell me about her first day until after Daddy got home because she didn't want to have to repeat herself, lol. We had a good walk and 30 seconds after they got home and had their snacks, they were asking if they could go play with their friends. So it may be hard that they're growing up, but I know that this is what is supposed to happen :) 179 days to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment