Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School

By Kate Davenport on Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:51:00 GMT

Yesterday Nat had her first day at Camden Elementary of the Creative Arts and it was one of the best first days on record in the world. She has new kid euphoria; everyone wanted to play with her at recess and be her new best friend. I think and hope the extreme kindness will continue once the newness wears off- her teacher announced to the parents and children that bullying of any kind will not be tolerated, a rule that was lacking in our previous school. She believes verbal abuse, whether from a class clown boy or clickey girl is unacceptable. At this age, they throw the jabs as much as they receive them, so I'm glad it will be monitored, whether my daughter is the offender or the victim.

Nat was quick to do her homework so she could play with her virtual pet online, a Littlest Pet Shop bunny named Soft. She plays games and decorates Soft's house, and she even has a virtual veggie garden to maintain for Soft's eating pleasure.

Anthony is back to napping now that the "distractions" are in school for the day. Tonight I have his back to school meet the teacher "gala" for Bethesda Christian Preschool. He will attend the 3's class on Tues/Thurs from 9-12. I think I might put him in gymnastics one of the other days. He was sad that only Chi-chi got back to school clothes so we'll get some when we birthday shop for Daddy tomorrow.

Well, gotta get ready to pick up Nat. Still no news on a lot. Take Care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment